Because of the nature of its specialist work for technology businesses, Berwins has a highly developed network of international partners which it is able to draw on and refer to for the benefit of its clients.
The connections we have come from a number of sources:
- Our clients themselves, either with overseas bases or operations, in Europe, Israel, North America and Australia in particular;
- Networks of technology businesses and facilitators which we have connected to through our work, travel and conference attendances especially in the US, the Baltic region and in Israel;
- An extensive network of lawyers specialising in technology and related areas, in the US, Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Poland, Lithuania, Slovenia and the former Yugoslavia, Spain, France, Italy, Israel, Denmark, Sweden and other countries;
- Our leading role in Leeds Digital Festival, which has grown exponentially since its reestablishment in 2016, attracting audiences and speakers globally to the digital hotspot in Leeds City Region (240 events in 2019, and then becoming increasingly international and online in 2020);
- Connections with the Department of International Trade, which include our sponsorship of their curtain raiser event at Latitude 59 in Tallinn 2018 and continued engagement with their functions in the Batics;
- Carefully developed personal contacts and referrals.
If something needs doing where law and technology interact internationally – the chances are that if we can’t do it, we can make the connections to find the answer.